Grammy Award-winning reggae singer Ziggy Marley released his new family album, ‘More Family Time’, on Friday. The album is a follow up to his 2009 Grammy and Emmy winning album, ‘Family Time’.
To create the album, Ziggy aimed to capture the energy of his four-year-old son and put it into musical form, according to a press release which stated “the result will captivate children, while also keeping their parents engaged via (Ziggy’s) signature reggae sound.”
Featured artists on the album include Ben Harper, Sheryl Crow, Lisa Loeb, Tom Morello, Busta Rhymes,
A portion of proceeds from the album will benefit Ziggy’s 501(c)3 URGE, which supports the education, social development and overall well being of the Chepstow Primary School and the One Love Youth Camp, both in Jamaica.
Ziggy will host a concert, drive-in style, on Saturday, October 24 at the City National Grove of Anaheim. There will be two sets, the matinee will be a kids’ focused set and the evening will be a more classic Ziggy performance, according to the press release.
“All cars, families and attendees will be socially distanced and the venue will follow strict COVID precautions. Tickets will go on pre-sale on Thursday, 9/24 at 10am PT and public on-sale will begin on Friday 9/25 at 10am PT,” the release stated.
See the track list foe ‘More Family Time’ below.
- Play with Sky (feat. Ben Harper)
- Everywhere You Go (feat. Sheryl Crow)
- Music Is In Everything (feat. Lisa Loeb)
- Move Your Body (feat. Tom Morello, Busta Rhymes and Isaiah Marley)
- Jambo (feat. Angelique Kidjo)
- Please Excuse Me Thank you (feat. Alanis Morissette)
- Garden Song of Miracles (feat. Stephen Marley)
- Goo Goo Ga Ga
- My Dog Romeo (feat. Romeo)
- Wonderful People (feat. Judah, Gideon and Abraham Marley)
- Today I Feel Silly (Jamie Lee Curtis reading her new kids book – A CD BONUS TRACK)